- This event has passed.
Georgia Environmental Protection Division Public Meeting
January 18, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Georgia EPD is hosting a Public Meeting on January 18th to review and discuss proposed changes to the Georgia Rules and Regulations for Water Quality Control (Rules), Chapter 391-3-6-.03. A copy of the presentation for the meeting, as well as a strikethrough version of this Rule are available online at https://epd.georgia.gov/triennial-review-water-quality-standards.
EPD Watershed Protection Branch
Notice of Public Meeting for the
2016 Triennial Review Process
This notice is to announce that the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) Watershed Protection Branch will be holding a public meeting on Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the EPD Tradeport Training Room located at 4244 International Parkway, Suite 114, Atlanta, GA 30354. This meeting is to review and discuss proposed changes to the Georgia Rules for Water Quality Control, Chapter 391-3-6, pertaining to the 2016 Triennial Review process.
The purpose of this meeting is to provide the public with the opportunity to learn about and request clarification on the proposed Rule changes. Also, stakeholders may provide comments which will be considered during finalization of these proposed Rule changes.
Items currently under consideration:
- Clarify the Antidegradation Rule
- Explicitly incorporate the use of Schedules of Compliance in NPDES permits in the Water Quality Standards
- Include pH in the definition of Natural Conditions
- Define Practicable Alternatives
- Clarify the definition of estuarine waters
- Adopt EPA Recommended 2016 Aquatic Life Cadmium criteria
- Adopt bacteria criteria for the protection of secondary contact recreation uses
- Revise/correct specific water use classifications in 391-3-6-.03(14)
- Develop site-specific lake standards that include numeric chlorophyll and nutrient criteria for Lakes Oconee and Sinclair
- Correct formatting, typos and grammatical errors
A list of proposed rule changes and a copy of the presentation for the meeting and other 2016 Triennial Review updates may be found online at https://epd.georgia.gov/triennial-review-water-quality-standards
EPD will consider the discussions held and comments received during the Triennial Review stakeholder process. Please share this information with persons who may be interested. To insure their consideration, written comments should be received on or before January 26, 2018.
Written comments may be sent to EPDComments@dnr.ga.gov or mailed to Environmental Protection Division, Watershed Protection Branch, Watershed Planning & Monitoring Program, Suite 1152 East, 2 Martin Luther King, Jr., Dr., Atlanta, GA 30334.
Water Quality Standards Coordinator
Watershed Planning and Monitoring Program
Georgia Environmental Protection Division • Watershed Protection Branch
Suite 1152 East Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Visit EPD online at: epd.georgia.gov