FOMR is a non-profit organization committed to the support and protection of McIntosh Reserve Park in Carroll County, GA. The park is located southwest of Whitesburg, GA off of GA 5. The address is 1046 West McIntosh Circle, Whitesburg, GA 30185.
- Ensure passive recreational use while preserving the habitat for plants and animals endemic to the Reserve.
- Aid in the education of the public about the unique features of the Reserve.
- Participate in the development of McIntosh Reserve as a critical partof the Chattahoochee River Corridor.
- Assist in the institution of trail maintenance procedures consistentwith the preservation of natural areas.
- Work with County Commissioners to ensure a management planconsistent with these goals.
McIntosh Reserve Park: 770-830-5879
Current officers and board of FOMR
President: Tim Chowns
Vice President: Carol Mitchell
Immediate Past President: Jerry Stober
Treasurer: Gerry Lowry
Recording Secretary: To be determined
Corresponding Secretary: Margery Bouris
Membership Registrar: Margery Bouris
Walk and Talk Coordinator: Alyson Stober
Park Liasion: Suzanne Blackwell
McIntosh Reserve Historian: Doug Mabry
Website Administrators: Stella Spyrou, Mitch Clifton
Facebook Administrator: Mitch Clifton
Board Members: Tim Chowns, Mitch Clifton, Ben DeMayo (through the end of the year 2022), Dita Pickering, Annie Stewart, Jerry Stober (through 2023), Suzanne Blackwell, Gerry Lowry, Alyson Stober (through 2024)